Sunday, March 17, 2013

Eisenkern Warthog Progress

I've been working away at finishing up a review of the Eisenkern heavy weapon box set, but in the meantime I've worked up a little progress on my warthog conversion.

First up I worked up an A-Driver figure with an SMG.  It's a little bit of a cheat as he's holding it left handed, but it was the only way to make it fit without torquing the upper torso very far around which didn't look right.  This uses the upper body from the basic stormtooper box and another set of legs from a 40K Imperial Guard Sentinal Driver.


Next up I worked on a gunner with pintle mounted machine guns for the rear bed.  Again I started with a body out of the basic box.  Then I added arms and twin machine gungs from the accessory box.  With the shoulder pads I couldn't quite get them tucked into the shoulder sockets, so they are right about chest level.  I used spare drum magazines from AA gun in the heavy weapons set as they are a little bigger than the ones from the accessory set or the basic set.


I used various sizes of styrene tubes to work up a rough pintle mount and a gun shield.  The mount needs more clean up and detail work.  I'll see if I can fit a belly pad in there as well.  The gun shield is just a paper mock up to test out the dimensions.  Once I settle on a shape and size I'll make the final version out of .02" sheet styrene.


The leg position doesn't quite give you the ability to turn the gunner all directions, I can turn him left and right.  Tactically this thing is silly as all get out, but I think it still looks pretty cool.  Hopefully I'll have this ready for paint next week.  Here are some more pics.  As always comments welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment